overview

Advanced

'If Russia is to move forward, Pivovarov says, “we must cease to be Soviet people and overcome the Soviet in us.” '

Posted by archive 
'..The Soviet man was and is “cut off from world culture and from its religious component. He may go to church, but he is not influenced by this culture, for him it is not a source of good and morality." '

'Russia’s 25-year-long era of freedom, which began in 1989 with the Congress of Peoples Deputies, has come to an end and the prospects for the future are extremely bleak, according to Academician Yury Pivovarov..

The Moscow media’s focus on Ukraine to the exclusion of all Russia’s internal problems, poverty, income differentiation, and social tensions of various kinds is extremely dangerous, and in many ways it recalls the Soviet past when the Soviet media talked about the persecution of blacks in the United States but ignored what was wrong in the USSR.

If Russia is to move forward, Pivovarov says, “we must cease to be Soviet people and overcome the Soviet in us.” The Soviet man was and is “cut off from world culture and from its religious component. He may go to church, but he is not influenced by this culture, for him it is not a source of good and morality.”

Stalinism, Leninism, Bolshevism and Communism represent “a rejection of the Christian understanding of the personality, a rejection of the idea of original sin which is in each man and therefore each must begin with himself” in order to cope and improve the situation.'

- Russia’s ‘Era of Freedom’ has Come to an End, Academician Says, October 19, 2014

'..Freedom with new force will not return to Russia soon. The majority does not want it nor understands what it is for..'

'My entire family came from the countryside; they were simple peasants over whom the twentieth century rolled with special force. The Civil War, collectivization and industrialization, the war and subsequent famine -- they experienced it all. And they told me about it.

Now I am describing my youth in this book, the way my ancestors once told me about theirs. Comparing their tales with mine, I see yet again how lucky I was to have those 20 free years. Freedom with new force will not return to Russia soon. The majority does not want it nor understands what it is for. May the next generation at least get an idea from our book of what freedom is. Although, of course, describing freedom is as impossible as describing sweet or sour. It has to be tasted. It has to be enjoyed.'

- Alfred Kokh, The 20 Years that Shaped Modern Russia, a Reflection, June 6, 2009

Context

'There is no more tolerance for corruption in Ukrainian society, if it is not dealt with very soon, there will be another revolution.'

US & EU versus Russia - '..hybrid warfare..' - '..to exit “the unified energy system of Russia” by 2020.'