overview

Advanced

(Open Source) - ' “A New World’s Manifesto.” Linux and FOSS are an important part and enabler of this transformation.'

Posted by archive 
<blockquote>'What role do you think Open Source plays in a capitalistic society like ours, or at a global scale?

Chase: As hinted at above, I see the open source movement as a prime example of the huge transition the world is going through. Because the Internet connects assets, people, and ideas it now makes much more sense to SHARE those things because that is the path of greatest value creation.

We have a new organizational structure that is completely transforming how we build businesses, how we work, and therefore how we shape economies. I call this new paradigm Peers Inc. I love the headline of a book review that got posted on Amazon yesterday (by someone I don’t know). She called it “A New World’s Manifesto.” Linux and FOSS are an important part and enabler of this transformation.'

- Swapnil Bhartiya, Q&A: Zipcar founder Robin Chase on open source and the collaboration economy, June 30, 2015</blockquote>

Context

<blockquote>'Companies Are Finally Learning To Share—The Open Source Way'

Peers Inc: How People and Platforms Are Inventing the Collaborative Economy and Reinventing Capitalism, June 9, 2015

(Banking Reform - Monetary Reform) - '..The Theory of Money and Credit .. an invaluable guide for ending the business cycles of our own time.'

First Ever Debit Card Backed by Gold in Real Time</blockquote>