overview

Advanced

(Global Fusion Energy) - '..the potential economics of LPP reactors .. more appealing than other approaches..'

Posted by ProjectC 
'If LPP is able to develop a reactor that’s a quarter or a fifth the price of dirty energy..'

'So far, LPP has attracted a number of small-scale individual investors. One of them is Bob Fitzgerald, who works in business intelligence, but has always been fascinated by fusion science. “I made my investment out of a sense of wanting to participate or invest in something that would be exciting to follow.”

Despite scant funds, the potential economics of LPP reactors make them more appealing than other approaches.

“If you have another clean way to produce [energy] at 2 to 10 cents per Kw/Hr, the world does not change,” says Brian Wang. In that range, the fusion energy would be cost competitive with other renewables, as while as fossil fuels. But it would not be cheap enough to prevent investment in new capacity for dirty energy. New coal plants and oil refineries would continue to be built. “Only LPP, if they can get it down to .1 cent per Kw/Hr does the world change.”

If LPP is able to develop a reactor that’s a quarter or a fifth the price of dirty energy, than Fitzgerald thinks anyone in their right mind would switch over “purely as a market-driven proposition.” It’s a potential market of untold billions. “Even if there was only one chance in 3 or 50/50 or one chance in 2, the potential payoff if they succeed is so amazing, that I was willing to risk my money,” he says.'

- Sam Roudman, '..Fusion .. Race..', October 29, 2013

Context

(Peace - Full power of global knowledge) - '..if Beijing interacts intensively with the West in all areas.' - Lee Kuan Yew

(US, Iran) - Fusion For Peace

Focus Fusion - '..aneutronic fuels .. no nuclear waste .. [could be] much cheaper than any existing energy sources..'

Focus Fusion in the Media

Solve for X: Charles Chase on energy for everyone, 2013

'..a smooth transition to an era of unsubsidized competitiveness.'