overview

Advanced

(Open Source) - Mageia

Posted by archive 
<blockquote>Our mission: to build great tools for people.

- About Mageia</blockquote>

<blockquote>'BC: .. the quality of the work, nice KDE and LXDE integration (can’t comment for the other ones I do not use), great package management tools and set of apps available, rather than just on the reputation.

So my presentation, that you’re free to reuse and improve for your own talk, was trying to present what is really special about the work done by this community and show the richness of its features. After all, a lot of people are surprised that I’m running it on my professional laptop, so this was a way to give answers.

Why would you recommend Mageia?

BC: For the quality of the community, both from a human perspective and from a technical perspective as both are key to have a great project. Then I’d recommend it for its great set of tools for package management (urpm*) and the quality of the packages made, as I rarely have issues myself (of course, when I have, I can fix them which is also extremely important for me).

Mageia is also a great platform for servers and developers, not only for end users looking for an alternative desktop. All my personal servers and work servers are Mageia based, and all my upstream projects are developed with it as well!

- Mageia Contributor and evangelist: Bruno Cornec, November 2, 2013</blockquote>

Context

<blockquote>(In The Electric Universe) Open Source Infrastructure, beginning of the Enterprise Nervous System (ENS)</blockquote>