overview

Advanced

'..a country that does not build on a foundation of love will ultimately wither away with the poison it feeds off.'

Posted by archive 
'..anger can be healing if you use it in a meaningful way..'

'So he feels extraordinary sympathy with those who lost their loved ones in Paris. “I acknowledge their right to be angry,” he said. “Even to put no restraint on their anger. But my own feeling is that anger can be healing if you use it in a meaningful way. Elie Wiesel has written of how he came back from the concentration camps full of anger – but he turned that into something creative.

“It’s not easy. He talked about the panacea for anger and violence – he said that a country that does not build on a foundation of love will ultimately wither away with the poison it feeds off.”

“The other thing to ask is: who are the war criminals? There’s a kind of skewed vision of what a war criminal or a war crime is. We need to honestly think about this if we are going to talk about justice – so that everybody feels that justice is being done. If the Nakba [the expulsion of 750,000 Palestinians from their land by Israel in 1948] has now gone global, we need a different set of principles. I don’t know that people are ready to make that profound self-examination.” '

- Robert Fisk: 'We remain blindfolded about Isis' says the man who should know, November 15, 2015

Context

A new book reveals the horrifying, and fascinating, details of daily life under Isis, November 1, 2015

'Forgiveness, freedom and accountability help to restore prosperity in Sierra Leone.' - Jacob Conteh

Iraqi insurgents offer peace in return for US concessions - By Robert Fisk, February 9, 2007

The 'war on terror' that ruined Rome, Oktober 1, 2006