overview

Advanced

(Teal) - '..develop more consciousness about the steps they were making in their education..'

Posted by ProjectC 
'..the school is serving the manifestation of the inner call of the student, instead of students blindly accepting the programmes of the school. This -we think- will decrease the amounts of drop-outs.'

'As an example of a (successful) prototype, I’d like to share my experiences with Hack your Education in the University of Applied Sciences (UAS) in Leiden. As part of our MoveMakers LAB, I decided to work on a challenge I was facing in my work with the UAS in Leiden. Together with my colleague Marien Baerveldt I had been working with their faculty of Law and Business for a while, that was observing a dropout rate of almost 50% after year one.

We challenged them to ‘hack’ their compulsory school projects, such that the projects become stepping stones in fulfilling these visions, rather than just being tedious tasks. Next to that, we invited students to create their own ‘education strategy’, which helped them develop more consciousness about the steps they were making in their education at the university and beyond.

From the beginning it was vital for us to run our prototype with strong involvement of University teachers. Besides Jonathan and me, three teachers from the university were part of the team running the programme. In this way, the university became co-owner of the project, with the result that we’re now in conversation with the university about how the programme can continue to be part of the curriculum of the school and how we can train teachers to make their class ‘hackable’.

I believe Hack your Education is much more than a programme. It became part of a culture shift in the university, in which the visions of the students are leading. In this view, the school is serving the manifestation of the inner call of the student, instead of students blindly accepting the programmes of the school. This -we think- will decrease the amounts of drop-outs.

We will keep on monitoring that. We’ve experienced that prototyping is an excellent way of inviting other perspectives and convincing crucial stakeholders to do things differently.'

- Diederik Bosscha, Prototyping: The ‘Hack your Education’ Story, September 21, 2018

Context In The Electric Universe a Future of Peace and Love

Holistic education - 'One of the most important goals is the development of wisdom'

Holistic education - '..educating the whole child as its major priority..'

(Bazaarmodel - To Heal - Teal) - '..this new learning world.' - 'Knowledge not parceled and segmented'

(Bazaarmodel - To Heal - Teal) - '..is it possible to build a truly Evolutionary-Teal school?'

Feeling & Analyzing

Affective Human Action - Management & Organization in The Third Millennium

Classic (Original) Introduction - Bazaarmodel

Raven (Nell’s Personal Tutor)