overview

Advanced

(Haptopraxeology) 'Austrian Thymologists Who Predicted..' - '..The world has needlessly suffered unspeakable misery..'

Posted by ProjectC 
<blockquote>'I think it is very important that we keep track of, and thank, the Austrians who predicted the housing bubble. Let this signal contribution of the praxeological school never fall down that proverbial memory hole. Why do I say this? For one thing, to give credit where credit is due. All too often, mainstream economists take credit for all and sundry; it is time, it is long past time, that some credit be publicly accorded to Austrian economics and its practitioners, and predicting the housing bubble will do quite well as one small part of these accomplishments. For another, I focus on these predictions in order to promote this school of economics, the last best hope for humanity. Were the school of thought of Menger, Böhm-Bawerk, Mises and Rothbard more widely known, and public policy more heavily based upon it, we would not be suffering from the economic quandary that now envelopes us..'

- Dr. Walter Block, Austrian Thymologists Who Predicted the Housing Bubble, December 22, 2010</blockquote>

'..The world has needlessly suffered unspeakable misery as a result of theories and policies .. it doesn’t have to be this way in the future.'

<blockquote>'If there is a bright spot in the most recent economic crisis, it is this: people everywhere are giving much more serious thought to foundational ques­tions about the economy. What caused our woes, and more important, how can we prevent future calamities?

..Over the course of my career, it became clear that much of the economics establishment badly misunderstands the forces that cause economic crisis.

It didn’t have to be this way—not in the recent economic crisis, or in the crushing stagflation of the 1970s and early 1980s, or in the Depres­sion of the 1930s. More important, it doesn’t have to be this way in the future. The world’s economies can get back on track and return to prosperity.'

- Dr. Harry C. Veryser, 'It Didn’t Have to Be This Way: Why Boom and Bust Is Unnecessary..', February 05, 2013</blockquote>

Contex '..when I say thinking I mean real thinking, independent thinking, hard thinking.' - Learning How to Think

<blockquote>'Thinking is going to be the future of education' - Evan Camp, 2013

(Earth Defence - Earth Shield) - The Electric Universe: Stellar Atmospheric Function In Regulation Experiment (SAFIRE)

(Electric Universe) Solar System - '..simple, application of the laboratory observations that have been made in electrical plasma laboratories for over 100 years.'

(Haptonomy - Affectivity) - Praxeology as the Method of the Social Sciences - Phenomenology of the Social World

'..the phenomenon of consciousness..' - '..thought, feeling, valuation, and purposeful action..'

(Love) '..scientific and spiritual in equal measure .. truth.'</blockquote>