overview

Advanced

'..My wish that in 2018 Russia will learn what the British, the Austrians, and the Turks Learned in 1918.'

Posted by archive 
'..My wish that in 2018 Russia will learn what the British, the Austrians, and the Turks Learned in 1918. That there is, indeed, life after empire -- and that life could be pretty good. For both you and for your neighbors.'

'But ask yourself this, whose citizens got the better end of the deal over the past century? The British, the Austrians, and the Turks who lost their empires? Or the Russians, who kept theirs? .. A century ago Russia lagged behind major world powers in industrial might and its economy was considered on a par with Brazil and Mexico. It's pretty much the same today with a Russian GDP lower than the U.S. state of New York .. and that's to say nothing to the effect the Russian empire had on the Ukrainians or the Georgians. ..My wish that in 2018 Russia will learn what the British, the Austrians, and the Turks Learned in 1918. That there is, indeed, life after empire -- and that life could be pretty good. For both you and for your neighbors.

Happy Holidays everybody, See you next year!'

- Brian Whitmore, The Holiday Vertical: Lessons From 1918, December 29, 2017

Context

The Christmas Truce of 1914 - '..what might have happened if the truce had spread and this had caused the war to end earlier..'

'On Russia, we have no illusions about the regime we are dealing with..' - Tillerson

'..Putin and company .. serial violators of an age-old tenet of governance: that prosperity and stability must begin at home.'

'..tighter sanctions on Russia..' - 'The current Russian regime has lost all credibility.'

'..Putin’s Russia .. feudalism..' - '..The Byzantine choice was fundamental in the evolution of Russian society and state compared to Western Europe..'

'..when the Soviet Union crumbled and East European countries wanted the Cold War victors' protection..'

(Bazaarmodel - To Heal - Teal) - Empathy and perspective - 'How do I help people be at their natural best.'

(Bazaarmodel - To Heal - Teal - Open Source) - 'The Open Decision Framework contains the collective wisdom of Red Hatters..'