overview

Advanced

'..an end to the ban on Ukraine's use of Western-supplied weapons to strike targets in Russia'

Posted by archive 
'NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg was the latest high-profile Western leader to call for an end to the ban on Ukraine's use of Western-supplied weapons to strike targets in Russia in an interview with the Economist published on May 24.'

- The Kyiv Independent (Source, May 25, 2024)

'It is in America’s strategic interest that Ukraine defeats Russia. It will also solve European security problems for the next 50 years. And it won’t require a single NATO Soldier. It only requires our political Will and Industrial support.'

- Ben Hodges (Source, May 24, 2024)

'Russians dropped a bomb on a hypermarket in Kharkiv.'

'Today, Russians dropped a bomb on a hypermarket in Kharkiv. It's a Saturday. There was a huge number of people there.

My friend, who lives in Kharkiv, posted this photo and wrote: "At such moments, I feel that our international partners have betrayed us."

I don't understand why, when Russian planes drop bombs on peaceful cities, our international partners forbid us to use the weapons they gave us to hit military airfields in Russia.

How else can we protect people? How many more civilians have to die for the international partners to change their minds?'

- Oleksandra Matviichuk (Source, May 25, 2024)

Context

'What are Ukraine's borders? .. they’re internationally recognized and defined in 1991.' - Navalny

Estonia is seriously considering sending troops to Ukraine – advisor to Estonian President

'The European Union is weighing dispatching military personnel to train Kyiv’s forces on Ukrainian soil by early 2025 at the latest, German newspaper Die Welt reported on May 17.'

- The New Voice of Ukraine (Source, May 14, 2024)