overview

Advanced

'..UFO reports, this doesn't mean that I think they shouldn't be investigated.' - USS Nimitz UFO incident

Posted by archive 
'..I think that the government should openly fund modest efforts to investigate these sightings because of the possibility -- no matter how slight -- that they are visits from our hypothetical interstellar cousins..'

'..UFO reports, this doesn't mean that I think they shouldn't be investigated. After all, finding out that we are not alone in the universe would be one of the seminal moments in the history of mankind. If there is any chance at all that it could be true, it's worth spending a nominal amount of our national budget to check it out..

Personally, I am fascinated with the idea that there exists intelligent life other than our own. And I think that the government should openly fund modest efforts to investigate these sightings because of the possibility -- no matter how slight -- that they are visits from our hypothetical interstellar cousins. It is very important that we remain extremely skeptical of any claims of intelligent extraterrestrial life, but perhaps another "X-Files" tagline is appropriate: I want to believe.

And the truth really is out there.'

- Don Lincoln, Keep looking for UFOs, December 21, 2017

'But, he added, “I want to fly one.” '

'The fighter jets returned to the Nimitz, where everyone on the ship had learned of Commander Fravor’s encounter and was making fun of him.

Commander Fravor’s superiors did not investigate further and he went on with his career, deploying to the Persian Gulf to provide air support to ground troops during the Iraq war. But he does remember what he said that evening to a fellow pilot who asked him what he thought he had seen.

“I have no idea what I saw,” Commander Fravor replied to the pilot. “It had no plumes, wings or rotors and outran our F-18s.”

But, he added, “I want to fly one.” '

- 2 Navy Airmen and an Object That ‘Accelerated Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen’, December 16, 2017

'In December 2017, a video of an encounter between U.S. Navy fighter jets and an unidentified flying object, was released to the public. Interviews with one of the pilots and subsequent news reports describe a sighting of an "unidentified flying object" and an "unidentified swimming object" by six Super Hornet fighter jets over the Pacific in November, 2004. The video shows infrared footage of the encounter.

When the Super Hornets arrived at the last known location of the unidentified aircraft, they found two objects. One was hovering and moving erratically fifty feet over the water, and the other was "much larger than a submarine" and directly below the surface of the water, "churning the surface". According to Commander David Fravor, one of the Super Hornet pilots, the hovering object then flew directly towards the jets..

The objects were observed by Princeton on radar, six Super Hornets, and this account was confirmed by Commander Fravor in an interview with The New York Times. Pilots who flew the mission that interacted with the object also maintain their stories of the events.'

- Wikipedia, USS Nimitz UFO incident

' "Despite overwhelming evidence at both the classified and unclassified levels, certain individuals in the [Defense] Department remain staunchly opposed to further research on what could be a tactical threat to our pilots, sailors and soldiers.." - Elizondo

Elizondo said knowledge of the program was limited, even within the Pentagon itself. He said the program had multiple enemies at senior levels of the department, from officials who were either skeptical or ideologically opposed to AATIP’s mission.

“I was honored to serve at the DOD and took my mission of exploring unexplained aerial phenomena quite seriously,” Elizondo said. “In the end, however, I couldn’t carry out that mission, because the department — which was understandably overstretched — couldn’t give it the resources that the mounting evidence deserved.”

It is difficult to draw conclusions about the nature of the unidentified vessels from the videos alone. Experts generally urged caution, explaining that reported UFO sightings often turn out of have innocuous explanations.

A retired Navy pilot contacted by The Post who was involved in a 2004 encounter depicted in one of the videos confirmed that the images accurately reflected his recollection of the events. The pilot would only speak on the condition of anonymity.

Elizondo, a 22-year veteran of the department who has held top security clearance and worked on secret counterintelligence missions, said he chose to join the private venture because he believed it was the best way to continue the work he was unable to complete as a government employee.

“I left to find an environment where investigating these phenomena is priority number one,” he said.'

- Head of Pentagon’s secret ‘UFO’ office sought to make evidence public, december 16, 2017

Context

(Earth Shield - Earth Defence) - '..to become a multi-world species..' - Moon Express [Lunar Orbital Station 2018]

(Earth Defence) - '..NASA establish a lunar base sooner [2020] - [Lunar Orbital Station 2018]..'

Bigelow Aerospace founder says commercial world will lead in space, May 28, 2017