overview

Advanced

'..Trump remains silent on racial inequality.'

Posted by archive 
'Abrams' town hall is just one example of how America's top military leaders are attempting to move ahead on their own to address the issue of racism in the ranks without waiting for President Donald Trump to decide if he wants to speak to the country following nationwide protests prompted by death of George Floyd in police custody in Minneapolis.'

'Last Sunday, four-star Gen. Robert Abrams, who commands all US forces in South Korea, held a town hall with black service members on the subject of race that was then broadcast on Facebook to thousands.

Abrams made it a point to have everyone attending the event wear civilian clothes -- an important symbol to lessen signs of military rank. Abrams told the audience "we're going to develop an action plan with real meat on the bones to get after this. We are not going to put up with this one second longer this time."

Abrams, who is white, spoke in deeply personal terms. "From my time of service, I've tried real hard to be part of the solution, and it was really difficult for me to come to grasp this week that I have fallen way short in helping eliminate racism and bigotry in our own ranks."

Abrams' town hall is just one example of how America's top military leaders are attempting to move ahead on their own to address the issue of racism in the ranks without waiting for President Donald Trump to decide if he wants to speak to the country following nationwide protests prompted by death of George Floyd in police custody in Minneapolis.'

- CNN, America's military leaders take a stand as Trump remains silent on racial inequality, June 12, 2020

Context

'..Colin Powell said Sunday that President Donald Trump has "drifted away" from the Constitution..'

'..Trump’s Ukraine-like transgressions existed across the full range of his foreign policy..' - Bolton