overview

Advanced

'..once upon a time, a lot of celebrities, including film stars and singers, really cared about human rights..'

Posted by archive 
'..once upon a time, a lot of celebrities, including film stars and singers, really cared about human rights. They were advocating for the Tibetans in the 1970s and 1980s..'

'I do hope that with our campaign we’re sending a very clear message that as celebrities and as stars, there are much more important things than just making money or entertaining people. They have the power to influence, so they should also have a responsibility to uphold the most important values of humanity, to loudly call out abusers like the Chinese government.

I do think there’s a possibility for more of this type of campaign to come. As I said, if we manage to wake up more people and get more people to support this type of campaign, it would be great, because once upon a time, a lot of celebrities, including film stars and singers, really cared about human rights. They were advocating for the Tibetans in the 1970s and 1980s. But somehow because China has grown stronger and stronger, and used its economy to corrupt a lot of people’s mind and spirit and principles, I do hope that this can be changed soon.'

- Interview: ‘Don’t lose hope. The light will come,’ says China’s ‘Banksy’, October 28, 2021

Context

'..Xi .. Leninist version of Marxism .. “Document 9,” which condemned the core values and key institutions of liberal democracy.'

'Americans are too naïve .. the CCP regime has always been a totalitarian, one-party dictatorship .. is the greatest threat to American security and world peace, and the CCP regime has no moral compass.' - Cai Xia

('..its Credit expansion .. China Bubble thesis') - Weary of Their Experiment in Capitalism - By Doug Noland