overview

Advanced

'..all of Canada's large pensions offer their members, peace of mind knowing their retirement is being managed properly.'

Posted by ProjectC 
'But the brutal selloff on Wednesday just reminds us all how defined-contribution (DC) plans are not the answer to the looming retirement crisis. They are too vulnerable to the vagaries of public markets.'

'I realize markets are moving and all my buddies want me to focus on markets, not on pensions. I won't let you down but you will need to wait till Friday for me to collect my thoughts as there is a lot to cover.

But the brutal selloff on Wednesday just reminds us all how defined-contribution (DC) plans are not the answer to the looming retirement crisis. They are too vulnerable to the vagaries of public markets.

Do you really want to be picking stocks in this environment or would you rather have your retirement professionally managed by pension fund managers who invest across public and private markets directly and through top external managers?

That's what CAAT, OPTrust, CPPIB and all of Canada's large pensions offer their members, peace of mind knowing their retirement is being managed properly.'

- Leo Kolivakis, CAAT's DBPlus Helps Grow Membership? October 24, 2018

Context

'..world-class governance which separates governments from pensions .. and adopting a shared risk model..'

JUST - Corporate social responsibility - How do you pay and treat your workers? How do you treat your customers?

'..Central bankers reflated a deeply unsound financial structure..' - Doug Noland

'For too long China needed to rein in Credit growth.'

'..H[igh] Y[ield] is a great leading indicator for equities and recessions.'

'..a process of transition toward the only world financial order..' - Jesús Huerta de Soto