overview

Advanced

(Bazaarmodel)(Teal - To Heal) - 'Integrative Lawyers are pioneering new models of legal practice.' - '..visual contracts .. text-based contracts..'

Posted by ProjectC 
'..They do their personal transformation as a foundation for doing work to transform the legal system..'

'Those who have read my previous articles for EE Magazine know there is a movement in law that parallels and overlaps the movements in organizations toward “next-stage” or “Teal” or other terms being used. The movements grew up independently and our nomenclature is not always aligned. Lawyers speak of Integrative Law. For followers of Spiral Dynamics, this equates to Yellow stage of consciousness development. People using the Wilber/Laloux framework will recognize this as Teal stage.

Integrative Lawyers are pioneering new models of legal practice. I’ve written before about several approaches in contracts and governance documents. Unlike conventional lawyers, integrative lawyers take a holistic, values-focused approach. Integrative lawyers are reflective systems thinkers and design thinkers. They do their personal transformation as a foundation for doing work to transform the legal system. They reflect an evolution in consciousness, even if they aren’t aware that there are others like them or that there is a movement.'

- J. Kim Wright, Around the World with Integrative Law, February 7, 2019

'The bottom line: in visual contracts as in text-based contracts, the final word is whether the agreement is understandable to the parties and the judge.'

' “Contract.” What images are conjured for you by the word?

For most people, a contract is a long written document with a lot of information no one understands. At least that was true for me in my early years as a lawyer and for most of my life as a consumer.

Comic Contracts are generically called visual contracts, or sometimes comicbook contracts. I first learned about the use of visuals in contracts from Colorado lawyer, artist, and consultant, Susanne van der Meer. Susanne began offering visuals as part of contracts in the Netherlands more than fifteen years ago. Visual contracts are also connected to the work of preventative and proactive law approaches which were initiated by the late Professor Louis Brown and carried on by Professors Tom Barton (USA) and Helena Haapio (Finland), both of whom were at the conference.

On one side, characters represent the company’s principles: Creating a Legacy; Being Playful with Serious Intent; Believe It, Say It, Do It; Make the Complex Simple; Be Humble; and Master Your Craft. As employees and applicants engage with the online contract process, they immediately see what the company stands for and how the company is living those principles.

The conference was attended by lawyers, professors, engineers, artists, enterprise leaders, and designers. At the end, we lawyers waited eagerly to hear from the recently retired Former Chief Justice of the Australian High Court, and current 15th Chancellor of the University of Western Australia, The Honorable Robert French AC. Holding our breaths a little, we waited as he gave an opinion with the familiar tone of a court ruling from the bench. The bottom line: in visual contracts as in text-based contracts, the final word is whether the agreement is understandable to the parties and the judge.'

- J. Kim Wright, A Picture is Worth 1000 Words, April 4, 2018

Context

'..ethics in particular .. absolute principle of ethics..' - '..deze fundamentele ethiek..'

Why Economics Is Crucial for Ethics - By Art Carden

‘..life, liberty, and progress .. cultivating peace.’

'..Martin Luther King, he talked about the Beloved Community..'

(Bazaarmodel)(Teal - To Heal) - '..to let the individuals and organizations search or really think about the meaning of life.'