overview

Advanced

'..deflation is going to expose a lot of naked swimmers and wreak havoc on pensions for a very long time.'

Posted by archive 
'..wait till the great experiment Shinzo Abe and central banks around the world adopted fails spectacularly..'

<blockquote>'In fact, a new report by the OECD states that pension systems remain under strain in many countries amid slow economic growth and moves by governments to shore up financial stability in the wake of the global financial crisis.

Below, Bloomberg's Anna Kitanaka discusses why the world's biggest pension fund lost $64 billion in the third quarter. Listen to her comments about Japanese being very nervous about the losses.

I don't blame them, wait till the great experiment Shinzo Abe and central banks around the world adopted fails spectacularly, then you will see global pensions reeling. Enjoy the global liquidity tsunami while it lasts because when the tide goes out, deflation is going to expose a lot of naked swimmers and wreak havoc on pensions for a very long time.'

- Japan's Pension Whale Gets Harpooned in Q3? December 2, 2015</blockquote>

Context

<Blockquote>Pensions at a Glance 2015, December 01, 2015

GARY SHILLING: The 30-year bond is going to 2%, October 5, 2015

Season’s Beatings, December 1, 2015

'..I'm sticking with my forecast of $10 to $20 a barrel..'

'..virtually no one saw the deep structural impairment associated with the protracted Bubble..'</blockquote>