overview

Advanced

' “Monetary policy… after all, is extremely important” – is an understatement.' - Doug Noland

Posted by archive 
'..could we at least debate the issue of sound money and Credit without resorting to partisan demagoguery..'

' “Monetary policy… after all, is extremely important” – is an understatement. I have argued misguided policy activism unleashed the “global government finance Bubble” - the “Granddaddy of All Bubbles”. I remain a proponent of sound central banking, having never called for abolishing the Federal Reserve. I have pleaded instead for a disciplined rules-based approach to monetary management. Giving a small group of unelected officials full discretion to experiment with “printing” Trillions of new “money” is a recipe for unmitigated disaster. Indeed, global central bankers are these days at the precipice of a crisis of confidence in the “money” they too freely propagate. This runaway six-year (plus) monetary experiment should be hotly debated right now – outside the realm of political mudslinging.

There will be no separating economics from politics – monetary management from ideologies. But could we at least debate the issue of sound money and Credit without resorting to partisan demagoguery. Considering what’s at stake, it is so pathetic it’s embarrassing.'

- Doug Noland, Store of Value, February 13, 2015

Context

(Haptopraxeology) - '..We have lost three centuries as a result of ignoring our scholars!'

(Praxeology) - '..Menger’s experience stressed subjective factors..'

'..Like monetarists, Keynes held no capital theory .. the role time plays..' - Jesús Huerta de Soto

'..have organizations that are more and more adaptable and far more humane..'

‘The dimension of feeling..’ - ‘The Myth of Efficiency’ (Affective Introspection)