overview

Advanced

Wisdom’s Call - Proverbs 8

Posted by ProjectC 
<blockquote><h1>Wisdom&#8217;s Call</h1>
<p class="standard"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] not wisdom call out?</p><p class="TXTTWO">Does not understanding raise her voice?
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] the heights along the way,</p><p class="TXTTWO">where the paths meet, she takes her stand;
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] the gates leading into the city,</p><p class="TXTTWO">at the entrances, she cries aloud:
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] you, O men, I call out;</p><p class="TXTTWO">I raise my voice to all mankind.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] who are simple, gain prudence;</p><p class="TXTTWO">you who are foolish, gain understanding.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc], for I have worthy things to say;</p><p class="TXTTWO">I open my lips to speak what is right.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] mouth speaks what is true,</p><p class="TXTTWO">for my lips detest wickedness.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] the words of my mouth are just;</p><p class="TXTTWO">none of them is crooked or perverse.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] the discerning all of them are right;</p><p class="TXTTWO">they are faultless to those who have knowledge.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] my instruction instead of silver,</p><p class="TXTTWO">knowledge rather than choice gold,
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] wisdom is more precious than rubies,</p><p class="TXTTWO">and nothing you desire can compare with her.

</p><p class="VRSONEHALF"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc], wisdom, dwell together with prudence;</p><p class="TXTTWO">I possess knowledge and discretion.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] fear the <span class="nivsmallcaps">Lord</span> is to hate evil;</p><p class="TXTTWO">I hate pride and arrogance,</p><p class="TXTTWO">evil behavior and perverse speech.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] and sound judgment are mine;</p><p class="TXTTWO">I have understanding and power.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] me kings reign</p><p class="TXTTWO">and rulers make laws that are just;
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] me princes govern,</p><p class="TXTTWO">and all nobles who rule on earth.<span class="nivfootnote"><sup><a href="[niv.scripturetext.com];
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] love those who love me,</p><p class="TXTTWO">and those who seek me find me.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] me are riches and honor,</p><p class="TXTTWO">enduring wealth and prosperity.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] fruit is better than fine gold;</p><p class="TXTTWO">what I yield surpasses choice silver.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] walk in the way of righteousness,</p><p class="TXTTWO">along the paths of justice,
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] wealth on those who love me</p><p class="TXTTWO">and making their treasuries full.

</p><p class="VRSONEHALF"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] <span class="nivsmallcaps">Lord</span> brought me forth as the first of his works,<span class="nivfootnote"><sup><a href="[niv.scripturetext.com] class="nivfootnote"><sup>,</sup></span><span class="nivfootnote"><sup><a href="[niv.scripturetext.com] class="TXTTWO">before his deeds of old;
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] was appointed<span class="nivfootnote"><sup><a href="[niv.scripturetext.com]; from eternity,</p><p class="TXTTWO">from the beginning, before the world began.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] there were no oceans, I was given birth,</p><p class="TXTTWO">when there were no springs abounding with water;
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] the mountains were settled in place,</p><p class="TXTTWO">before the hills, I was given birth,
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] he made the earth or its fields</p><p class="TXTTWO">or any of the dust of the world.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] was there when he set the heavens in place,</p><p class="TXTTWO">when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] he established the clouds above</p><p class="TXTTWO">and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] he gave the sea its boundary</p><p class="TXTTWO">so the waters would not overstep his command,</p><p class="TXTONE">and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] I was the craftsman at his side.</p><p class="TXTONE">I was filled with delight day after day,</p><p class="TXTTWO">rejoicing always in his presence,
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] in his whole world</p><p class="TXTTWO">and delighting in mankind.

</p><p class="VRSONEHALF"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] then, my sons, listen to me;</p><p class="TXTTWO">blessed are those who keep my ways.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] to my instruction and be wise;</p><p class="TXTTWO">do not ignore it.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] is the man who listens to me,</p><p class="TXTTWO">watching daily at my doors,</p><p class="TXTTWO">waiting at my doorway.
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] whoever finds me finds life</p><p class="TXTTWO">and receives favor from the <span class="nivsmallcaps">Lord.</span>
</p><p class="VRSONE"><span class="reftext"><a href="[bible.cc] whoever fails to find me harms himself;</p><p class="TXTTWO">all who hate me love death.&#8221;

<hr size="1" color="DDEEFF"><span class="mainfootnotes"><A name="footnotes"></a><span class="mainfootnoteshdg"><b>Footnotes:</b></span><br><A name="footnotesa"></a><span class="nivfootnotesbot">a</span> <span class="fnverse">16</span> Many Hebrew manuscripts and Septuagint; most Hebrew manuscripts <i>and nobles&#8212;all righteous rulers</i><br><A name="footnotesb"></a><span class="nivfootnotesbot">b</span> <span class="fnverse">22</span> Or <i>way</i>; or <i>dominion</i><br><A name="footnotesc"></a><span class="nivfootnotesbot">c</span> <span class="fnverse">22</span> Or <i>The LORD possessed me at the beginning of his work</i>; or <i>The LORD brought me forth at the beginning of his work</i><br><A name="footnotesd"></a><span class="nivfootnotesbot">d</span> <span class="fnverse">23</span> Or <i>fashioned</i><br></span><hr size="1" color="DDEEFF"><div align="center"><span class="botlink"><a href="7.htm">&lt;&lt;</a> <a href="[niv.scripturetext.com] 8</a> <a href="9.htm">&gt;&gt;</a></span></blockquote>