overview

Advanced

(1914.org) - 2014 will mark 100 years since the outbreak of the First World War.

Posted by ProjectC 
'..the volatile situation in the Middle East is a consequence of the political arrangements concluded at the end of the First World War.'

<blockquote>'The book ends, as it has begun, in the "tiny village of Louvencourt, on the Somme," where Robert Fisk's father has fought. This is not only meant as a homage to Bill Fisk, but is also an implicit reminder of one of the leitmotifs of the book: the volatile situation in the Middle East is a consequence of the political arrangements concluded at the end of the First World War.'

- Wikipedia, The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East</blockquote>

<blockquote>2014 will mark 100 years since the outbreak of the First World War.

1914.org will highlight centenary events and resources from across the globe</blockquote>

'..World War I, which altered the productive structure of nearly all countries in the world.'

<blockquote>'Following the crisis of 1907 a new boom began, and in 1913 it culminated in a new crisis similar to previous ones. This new crisis was interrupted by the outbreak of World War I, which altered the productive structure of nearly all countries in the world.'

- Jesús Huerta de Soto, Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles, page 487</blockquote>

'..these political changes can be heard today reverberating around the world, nearly a century later.'

<blockquote>'It was not just people who died. The old world order was also irreparably damaged. Both the Austro-Hungarian and Turkish empires were destroyed. From their ashes a host of new countries emerged, in Europe and the Middle East. Russia was wracked by revolution and became the world’s first Communist state. Monarchies fell. A new world order emerged, with the United States developing a League of Nations that they then opted not to join. The consequences of many of these political changes can be heard today reverberating around the world, nearly a century later.

Millions of people across the world still feel a connection with the Great War for Civilisation .. If we want to understand today, we need to know and remember what happened yesterday.'

- Help the world to remember</blockquote>

'..the power conferred on them by the general sentiment in favor of etatism and war.'

<blockquote>'For what enabled the governments to destroy the banking system was not any technical, juristic, or economic shortcoming of the banking organization, but the power conferred on them by the general sentiment in favor of etatism and war.'

- Mises, The Problem of the Freedom of the Banks</blockquote>

<blockquote>'I have had the privilege to be in a concentration camp. I learned where law ends and hell begins.'

- Max Kohnstamm (‘It is a matter of survival of our civilization.’)</blockquote>

Context

<blockquote>'..if the civilized world is to survive, people must learn more about this science of human action.'

- (Haptonomy - Affectivity) - Praxeology as the Method of the Social Sciences - (Affective) Phenomenology of the Social World</blockquote>