overview

Advanced

(Syria) '..to join the people and leave this corrupt regime..' - Nawaf al-Fares

Posted by ProjectC 
'..leave this corrupt regime..'

<blockquote>"The regime in Syria is a totalitarian regime and a dictatorship. There is only one person who gives the orders: one person who is the president.

My former colleagues, I ask them to join the people and leave this corrupt regime. There is still time. To Bashar al-Assad, I say you don't know history. Two wills cannot be defeated: the will of God and the will of the people. ... History will curse you for the crimes you committed in Syria."

- Nawaf al-Fares</blockquote>

'..Damascus .. cooperating closely with al Qaeda militants, ever since the U.S. invasion of neighboring Iraq in 2003.'

<blockquote>'Throughout the interview, Fares played down growing sectarian divisions between the ruling Alawite minority and the Sunni majority, who make up much of the current uprising.

He also rejected the Syrian government's common claim that the rebellion is being led by militants from al Qaeda.

Instead, he accused Damascus of cooperating closely with al Qaeda militants, ever since the U.S. invasion of neighboring Iraq in 2003.'

- Ivan Watson and Samya Ayish, Ex-Syrian ambassador calls for foreign military intervention, July 15, 2012</blockquote>

Context

<blockquote>Christianity, Islam – 'The Principles of the Laws Protection of..' '..Discovery of the Self'

(The League) ‘..no place for authoritarian regimes..’ - President Abdullah Gul

Syria - '..begin the No-Fly Zone..'

'..at last turn decisively away from death and despotism.'

'..a no-fly zone in Syria.'

'..there will be no compromise with Syrian President Bashar Assad..'

(Syria) '..the courage of the people in the street .. will lead .. to freedom.'</blockquote>

*** '..Assad to the International Criminal Court..'

<blockquote>Turkish Army

Israel Defense Forces

Iraqi Army

Royal Jordanian Land Force</blockquote>