overview

Advanced

'..the phenomenon of consciousness..' - '..thought, feeling, valuation, and purposeful action..'

Posted by ProjectC 
'..In the present state of our knowledge the fundamental statements of positivism, monism and panphysicaIism are mere metaphysical postulates devoid of any scientific foundation and both meaningless and useIess for scientific research. Reason and experience show us two separate realms: the external world of physical, chemical, and physiological phenomena and the internal world of thought, feeling, valuation, and purposeful action..'

- Ludwig von Mises, Human Action, page(s) 17 & 18

'..the phenomenon of consciousness .. its unfathomably profound role in the universe. The ascendance of the scientific method based solely in the physical realm over the past four hundred years presents a major problem: we have lost touch with the deep mystery at the center of existence—our consciousness..'

'The problem is so hard to resolve that some thinkers have said the answer lies outside of "science" altogether. But that it lies outside the bounds of current science in no way belittles the phenomenon of consciousness—in fact, it is a clue as to its unfathomably profound role in the universe.

The ascendance of the scientific method based solely in the physical realm over the past four hundred years presents a major problem: we have lost touch with the deep mystery at the center of existence—our consciousness. It was (under different names and expressed through different world-views) something known well and held close by pre-modern religions, but it was lost to our secular Western culture as we became increasingly enamored with the power of modern science and technology.

For all of the successes of Western civilization, the world has paid a dear price in terms of the most crucial component of existence—our human spirit. The shadow side of high technology—modern warfare and thoughtless homicide and suicide, urban blight, ecological mayhem, cataclysmic climate change, polarization of economic resources—is bad enough. Much worse, our focus on exponential progress in science and technology has left many of us relatively bereft in the realm of meaning and joy, and of knowing how our lives fit into the grand scheme of existence for all eternity.

Questions concerning the soul and afterlife, reincarnation, God, and Heaven proved difficult to answer through conventional scientific means, which implied that they might not exist. Likewise, extended consciousness phenomena, such as remote viewing, extrasensory perception, psychokinesis, clairvoyance, telepathy, and precognition, have seemed stubbornly resistant to comprehend through "standard" scientific investigations. Before my coma, I doubted their veracity, mainly because I had never experienced them at a deep level, and because they could not be readily explained by my simplistic scientific view of the world.

Like many other scientific skeptics, I refused to even review the data relevant to the questions concerning these phenomena. I prejudged the data, and those providing it, because my limited perspective failed to provide the foggiest notion of how such things might actually happen. Those who assert that there is no evidence for phenomena indicative of extended consciousness, in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, are willfully ignorant. They believe they know the truth without needing to look at the facts.

For those still stuck in the trap of scientific skepticism, I recommend the book Irreducible Mind: Toward a Psychology for the 21st Century, published in 2007. The evidence for out-of-body consciousness is well presented in this rigorous scientific analysis. Irreducible Mind is a landmark opus from a highly reputable group, the Division of Perceptual Studies, based at the University of Virginia. The authors provide an exhaustive review of the relevant data, and the conclusion is inescapable: these phenomena are real, and we must try to understand their nature if we want to comprehend the reality of our existence.'

- Dr. Eben Alexander, Proof of Heaven (2012), page(s) 152 & 153

'..to serve the greater good by helping to create the best possible future for earth and its inhabitants..'

'..Eternea represents a passionate effort to serve the greater good by helping to create the best possible future for earth and its inhabitants.

Eternea's mission is to advance research, education, and applied programs concerning spiritually transformative experiences, as well as the physics of consciousness and the interactive relationship between consciousness and physical reality (e.g., matter and energy). It is an organized effort to apply in practical ways not only the insights gained from near-death experiences, but also to serve as a repository for all manner of spiritually transformative experiences.'

- Dr. Eben Alexander, Proof of Heaven (2012), page 170

Context ‘Knowledge not parceled and segmented…’ - The Treasure - Victory of the Heart

'..to reclaim the high ground of inspiring anthropology.' - Mark R. Sunwall

(MIX) To Mend the Soul - '..a higher purpose..' - '..to "change the game rules on Earth." '

(Haptonomy - Affectivity) - Praxeology as the Method of the Social Sciences - (Affective) Phenomenology of the Social World

(Electric Universe) - '..History speaks only to those people who know how to interpret it on the ground of correct theories.' - Mises

Science of Affectivity - 'The rational confirmation of existence' - Frans Veldman

Proof of Heaven - '..the message is one of love and a compassion..'

'..starting with a belief in possibility..'